Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Using a list of similes i strike the one thing that holds me down....


As large as life...
As still as death...
Time surrounds me.
Ticking telling me live
Passing telling me I'm going to die
In the essence of each round,
I feel the pressure that sometimes pushes me down.
As lowly as a worm.
But on the brightest full 360, as high as a kite.
I am squeezed, confounded, in all the minutes that go round.
Together, 24, is marked by the hour before
and as plain as day I am stripped down
to nothing but, what was initial,
my bodily core.
To see what I am made of in the midnight...
to see if in each war I will fight.
But as wise as His army,
I know Goliath will fall.
But as sure as death, almost likely as not (for me, right now)
time will try,
but I will ALWAYS gracefully trot!

No comments:

Post a Comment