Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Last Sunday I went to church....
Last week I cried...
Everyday I go to the gym...
Everyday I get a bit stronger...
Monday I started back up classes...
This week my brain is quicker...

As I go, from day to day, I see a change
In the way I view life.
Life is short...yes;
but the lessons you learn are timeless,
the challenges you face are fearless.

Thus, my faith does not become stronger from one Sunday...
My tears do not come to a halt for one sad day...
My forearms do not expand from one set...
And my brain does not grow because I copied exact...

Over and over, I can not phantom the purpose of my life
I tried to formulate and solve the problems on my own
But "today, on this day" I need a change
A change from the things I cannot control
and no longer wish to determine.
I want to go deeper than I have ever gone before
in the depths of the societies, or ghettos of my mind,
to dig for the "enchanted."

I want to cater to that, that wants to be held...
adore the one that meets the requirements...
fathom over the love that brightens my day...
caress the cheeks of the lady that pokes out her lips...

To you..she is just a girl...
To me... her....she is me.

You know no better...
Unaware of the tranquilities...
Stunned by the downfalls...
Fooled to the pain...

Yes, it does hurt
but my medicine is here
It's you..all wrapped in a little tear.

It's okay to cry...

Don't let life beat you...
get up and give it another try




**I write this blog to say, that writing has really helped me express myself
It has taken me away from the places I thought I NEEDED so badly
It has put me in a place that no one person has ever done
Reflection, condemnation, and above all finding grounds for determination
To overcome the fears and insecurities I have about myself
and life in general.
I admit I have not had much time to myself in the 22 years of my existence,
but in the 22 minutes of alone time, I see why it is necessary.**
"I am destined to find my pursuit of happiness."

No comments:

Post a Comment